Well, we made it. Days 2 and 3 of the Converge Planter Assessment are in the bag and our portion of the process is officially over. Here my "quick and dirty" recap:
- Days 2 and 3 were very different from day 1. While day 1 focused solely on individuals (presentations, etc.), the last two days consisted of a number of team and group activities as wells as interviews with the candidates and their spouses.
- One group activity put all candidates and spouses, eighteen in total, in a single group. This project was the most challenging by a long shot, but it was also the most fun. I joked with another candidate that one thing has become clear to me over the week—God is not calling the eighteen of us to plant a church together.
- Overall, we were much more relaxed and felt less pressure.
- We welcomed more opportunities to interact with the other couples going through assessment as well as the assessors.
- We received a binder full of results from three personality and leadership profiles we took before the assessment. This was one of my favorite elements of the assessment process! I'll be spending much more time with this in the days and weeks to come.
Our day ended at around 3:00 PM yesterday. We prayed over the assessors before they spent the rest of the day and evening discussing the candidates. Ultimately, they will arrive at a decision to either recommend or not recommend each one of us for church planting.
We sit for our exit interview in a little under two hours. We'll receive their decision for us then. Pray that our identity would be rooted in Christ and that our hearts would be content and filled with joy, regardless of what we hear.